The Mercatus Heart at George Mason College (beforehand the Heart for the Examine of Market Processes) has recruited, educated, and supported graduate college students who’ve gone on to pursue careers in academia, authorities, and public coverage in addition to supported students pursuing analysis on the reducing fringe of academia.
The Adam Smith Fellowship is a co-sponsored program of the Mercatus Heart and Liberty Fund, Inc. Adam Smith Fellowships are awarded to graduate college students attending PhD packages at any college and in any self-discipline, together with however not restricted to economics, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
The goal of those fellowships is to introduce college students to and encourage them to critically interact key thinkers in political economic system that they won’t in any other case encounter throughout their graduate research. As such, Adam Smith Fellows spend three weekends through the educational yr and one week through the summer season taking part in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington faculties of political economic system.
Price of Award
The entire award of as much as $10,000 features a stipend and journey and lodging to attend colloquia hosted by the Mercatus Heart
Mercatus Heart Adam Smith Fellows are required to:
- Stay enrolled as a level looking for doctoral pupil all through their participation within the Adam Smith Fellowship Program
- Attend and actively take part in all elements of the scheduled program of occasions (i.e. the three weekends and one weeklong colloquia) together with meals and arranged social actions
- Arrive on time and ready for every colloquia session having fastidiously learn the assigned studying upfront
- Full a brief analysis survey following every colloquium
- Keep an updated report with this system of a legitimate postal tackle to which packages might be shipped
- Submit an up to date curriculum vita on request, quarterly over the course of their participation in this system.
Mercatus Heart Adam Smith Fellows are anticipated to:
- Coordinate their schedules to reach within the DC metro space earlier than 5pm every Thursday for the weekend colloquia, making preparations with their residence establishment to cowl any educating assignments that may current scheduling conflicts with journey
- Coordinate their schedules to reach within the DC metro space earlier than 5pm on Sunday for the weeklong colloquia, making preparations with their residence establishment to cowl any educating assignments that may current scheduling conflicts with journey
- Submit expense reimbursements inside 15 days of the adjourning session of every colloquium
Mercatus Heart Adam Smith Fellows are inspired to:
- Construct relationships with Mercatus Heart school
- Construct relationships with different program individuals
- Grow to be engaged with skilled organizations that assist the colleges of thought lined in this system, as applicable
Learn how to Apply
So as to apply to the Morgenstern Fellowship, please click on the “Apply Now” Button and full the web software through their web site. The web software consists of:
- A 1-2 web page cowl letter explaining
- your graduate faculty profession up to now
- your analysis and analysis curiosity,
- your familiarity with the thinkers related to the Austrian, Virginia and Bloomington faculties of political economic system, and
- what you hope to get out of this system.
- A present resume/CV
- A number of quick reply questions
- When you’ve got any questions, please e mail [email protected]
Deadline: purposes must be submitted on or earlier than March 15, 2020