Applications are invited for Byzantine Studies Fellowship for a nine-month Postdoctoral Fellowship in Byzantine Studies. Fellowship is available for international students.
This fellowship is designed for junior scholars with a completed doctorate whose research deals with some aspect of the Byzantine world.
Meet Us in the Middle Ages: The Crossroads of Everything. Medieval people made the modern world. Greek, Arab, and Latin natural philosophers built our scientific tradition. European poets and story-tellers invented vernacular literature while reading classical poetry and Middle-Eastern frame tales. Rabbis, priests, and imams—as they talked, and squabbled, with each other—constructed our religious traditions. Our representative democracies and university systems are essentially medieval institutions.
- Applications Deadline: February 1, for the upcoming academic year
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Byzantine Studies. This Fellowship is open to qualified applicants in all fields and sub-disciplines of Byzantine Studies, such as history (including its auxiliary disciplines), archaeology, art history, literature, theology, and liturgical studies, as well as the study of Byzantium’s interactions with neighboring cultures.
- Scholarship Award: $36,000 plus benefits.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Byzantine Studies fellows must hold a Ph.D. from an internationally recognized institution. The Ph.D. must be in hand by the beginning of the fellowship term.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Submit your application through Interfolio. You will need to upload a letter of application, a project proposal of no more than 2500 words, a current C.V., and three letters of recommendation.