The Nanyang Technological University in Singapore is inviting applications for its College Scholarship for international undergraduate students for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The College Scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing full-time undergraduate programmes in NTU.
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and it’s Graduate College. NTU’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine was established jointly with Imperial College London.
Value of Award
College Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct. It covers;
- Full coverage of subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$3,600 per academic year.
- No bond is attached to the College Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- The Scholarship is open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship will cover the years of study^ at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Good co-curricular records.
- Good leadership qualities and potential
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
How to Apply
- The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Apply for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission.
- You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, You need to login to access the scholarship application form.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee’s appraisal online.
- The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative.
- After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher.
- When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online.
Deadline: Application closes March 31, 2019.