The Federation University Australia is currently accepting applications for the FedUni Humanitarian Welcome Scholarships in the 2019/20 session.
To assist with access to Higher Education study for asylum-seekers and those on temporary visas. This scholarship recognizes the significant financial and academic barriers to tertiary study faced by these students, and the contribution they can make to our University and local communities.
This scholarship is open to selected visa holders and is designed to ease the financial burden of the requirement to pay full course fees, and/or provide access to an appropriate diploma or certificate-level pathway course.
Value of Scholarship
- $20,000 annually, may be divided between multiple recipients
- Access to English language support during the first year of study
- Designated Student Support Worker
- Multicultural peer-mentor
- Guaranteed membership of Multicultural Student Committee in the second year of study
- Myki card
- Book bursaries and uniform/placement grants also available (depending on course)
- Free bike through the YMCA ReCranked Program
- Candidates must be holders of one of the following Australian visa types – Bridging Visas A or E; Temporary Protection Visa 785 (TPV); Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV)
- Candidates must be able to pay any shortfall between scholarship amount and course fees
- At the time of application, candidates must have applied for full-time or part-time study in a bachelor, diploma or certificate-level course at Federation University Australia
- The cash component of Scholarship will be paid as a reduction in tuition fees payable, the remainder of inclusion will be provided at the commencement of studies
- Candidates must provide one written reference from an individual or organisation who can attest to their commitment and ability to complete the chosen course, and to the hardship faced
- Nomination received to Scholarships Office.
How to Apply
- Step 1. Complete a KickStart registration (do not submit if you have already registered)
- Step 2. Complete an Additional Information Survey
Deadline: Application deadline is January 14, 2019.