FIRST’s mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders through exciting mentor-based programs in a competition setting. These competitions build science, engineering and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have participated in the FIRST® Robotics Program.
- Must have a full offer of admission to Macquarie University commencing in either Session 1 or 2 by the deadline, with minimum ATAR score of 90 out of 100, submitting their scores from the SAT (or any other equivalent high school qualification).
- Have applied for a degree from the Science and Engineering faculty for a full scholarship or from any faculty for the partial scholarship.
- Students nominated must have demonstrated enthusiasm for engineering and science.
Value of Scholarship
As a new student commencing study at Macquarie University, you could be eligible for one of the below awards:
- 1 Full tuition scholarship*
- 2 AU$20,000 for the first two years
*Full tuition scholarship is only available for the degrees from the Science and Engineering faculty.
- The FIRST® scholarship offered by Macquarie University is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
- It does not provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with the study.
How to Apply
Once applicants have received their full course offer, they must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “FIRST” in the Scholarship Name field.
Additional requirements to support student’s application include:
- A letter of recommendation from the FIRST® Team Mentor/Coach, and
- Submitting an essay describing the impact FIRST® has had on their choice of university study and how they intend to work with the FIRST® community in the future.
- Once the scholarship application form has been submitted
- You will need your Macquarie University Student Number to complete the online scholarship application form.
- You will have to submit a scholarship application form to be considered for the scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications for Scholarship June 30, 2019.