The University of Oxford invites applications for the Oxford-Pershing Square, which sponsors a combined master’s and MBA programme or 1+1 MBA. The international scholarship is open to citizens of all nationalities.
Students will combine a course in the Humanities or Social Sciences with the MBA programme at the University of Oxford for the 2019-2021 academic session.
The scholarships have been established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world.
Value of Awards
The Scholarship provides funding for tuition, college fees and at least £14,553 toward living expenses for both years of study.
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
- There are two applications required with different deadlines.
How to Apply
- Each of the partnering Master’s programmes has its own application form, deadlines and requirements. In order to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by the January 2019 deadline.
- When you submit your 1+1 MBA application form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship.
- Submit an essay in your application form of no more than 500 words addressing this question ‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
- Except you’re already studying at Oxford, you must apply for the partnering master’s programme by the relevant January deadline ( January 11, 2018 for Medical Sciences, Philosophy, Politics & International Relations and Computer Science
- January 25, 2018 for all other subjects).
MBA: You must apply by one of these deadlines to the MBA programme:
- Stage 1: 7 September 2018
- Stage 2: 2 November 2018
- Stage 3: 11 January 2019
- Stage 4: 5 April 2019
. We strongly advise you to apply by the January deadline or March 16, at the latest.
Successful candidates will be notified via email and will receive an award letter.
Click here for detailed guidance about applying.
Here is a link to the partnering master’s programmes.