La Trobe University welcomes applicants from around the world to apply for the academic year 2020-21 with full-fee research bursaries.
A few international candidates wishing to start their master’s degrees by research or doctoral studies at the University in Australia have the opportunity to receive the funding.
Established in 1964, La Trobe University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. It was ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide and offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses across its two colleges.
Why at La Trobe University? The university advance knowledge and learning to shape the future of their students and communities. Their passionate teachers deliver globally recognised learning to the diverse student body.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
- University or Organization: La Trobe University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters by research or Doctoral
- Award: Full-fee
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open from all around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters by research or Doctoral degree in any stream
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed with a standard of 70 or above.
- Bachelors (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For empowering with this educational award, candidates have to enrol in the Masters by research or doctoral degree coursework at the university. After that, you can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words or a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must hold a previous degree certificate with excellent academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Students have to fulfil the following language requirements of the university:
- IELTS (Academic): overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
- TOEFL: overall score of 79 with 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing.
- La Trobe College Australia ELICOS (LTCA): completion of EFS level 6B with a minimum 60% overall and 60% in the final exam.
- La Trobe College Australia Foundation Studies (LTCA): completion of Foundation studies with 60% in English
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE): overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): 169 with no less than 169 in any component.
- The La Trobe Research support will provide the amount of $27,596 per annum for three and a half years.
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to their suite of professional development programs.