James Cook University in Australia offers the William Thomas Williams Postgraduate Scholarship in the 2019/20 academic year.
In 1995 William Thomas Williams bequeathed to the University the whole of his estate. His estate included property and a music collection. The proceeds from the sale of the property are held in a dedicated restricted fund.
All awards will be made at the discretion of the William Thomas Williams Scholarship Committee. They will have the authority to advertise more than one award in any one year. This scholarship is subject to the provisions of James Cook University’s Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Policy.
If all the below statements describe you and your current situation, you can apply for this scholarship.
- I am an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an international student;
- I am enrolled full time or intend to enrol full time in PhD, or Master of Philosophy with Creative Arts as your specialist area of study;
Value of Award
- A scholarship of $20,000 will be available for each of the two years of study for Masters and of each of three years of study for PhD.
- Payment will be made in two instalments after Census date of Study Period 1 and Study Period 2.
How to Apply
Applicants wanting to apply for this scholarship must submit the following documents:
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A written statement outlining your passion for your chosen field.
Applications submitted without the relevant documentation will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications close Feb 28, 2019.