Macquarie University in Australia is inviting applications for Research Scholarships in Multiagent Systems and Human-Machine Interaction in 2019.
This interdisciplinary ARC-funded research project is directed towards developing a new framework for identifying and modelling the perceptual-motor processes that underlie cooperative and competitive human, multiagent interaction.
The project will also determine whether dynamical models of multiagent human interaction can be combined with modern machine-learning methods to develop interactive (virtual) artificial agents capable of robust, human level performance and training.
Expected outcomes will include a practical methodology for rapidly generating models of effective human interaction that can be easily implemented in human-machine systems. Benefits will also include a richer understanding of the fundamental perceptual-motor processes that support human social interaction.
Value of Award
- The successful candidate will receive cross-disciplinary research training and expertise within a growing, internationally recognized area of scientific and industrial significance (i.e., multiagent systems, interactive virtual-reality technologies, human-machine interaction).
- The successful candidate will also have a unique opportunity to collaborate with leading international researchers from around the world and present at international conferences.
- Stipend and tuition fees for an international candidate for MRes Year 2 + PhD
Applications are open to candidates who have appropriate qualifications and experience in one of the following discipline fields:
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Physics and/or Mathematics
How to Apply
- Applications for a Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Philosophy can be accepted at any time. Master of Research applications have specific deadlines.
- New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer LESS than 12 months old:
- Complete and submit the HDR Application for Scholarship Only form (available on the HDRO forms website) and include supporting documentation, such as:
- any additional information or research output since original application and commencement
- updated CV
- offer letter and/or research student profile
- Indicate the reference under the scholarship details question
- Email the application in ONE pdf document and MUST indicate in the subject line the MQ ID, full name and reference
- Any consumed prior enrolment will be counted as advanced standing and will reduce the maximum scholarship duration offered.
- Contact DetailsName: Michael Richardson
Phone: +61 2 9850 9894
Deadline: Closing date for application is October 31, 2019, 12 am AEDT